MindChamber

117 Game Reviews w/ Response

All 338 Reviews

2 reviews are hidden due to your filters.

not bad

You emulated Smash Bros really well, right down to the huds and using a coin to select your fighter.. but aside from that, the gameplay really drags. your characters all basicly have the same moves, minues the projectile, and you can barely juggle your moves so it gets boring quick.

good effort tho.

Sir-Davey responds:

You have no idea how much we had planned for this game. Unfortunately I'm a bit of a lazy ass when the deadline isn't 2 weeks away, so we couldn't add in as much stuff as we wanted.

Although I understand your point about the attacks being the same, I'll counter it by saying that there really is no use to making different punching animations: it's more of a waste of time. The similar attacks for Coffee and Strawberry were unfortunately all we could come up with in the 12 hours that we had left to polish up the game.

I promise we won't do the same mistake with TFFG 2. And thanks for reviewing!

no effort at all.

The only effort visible was the new art by Eric Blak which you didnt even bother to Co-auth.

disgusting display of a making a quick buck.

ericblak responds:

He is co auhtored -_-"

You said

"I've made like, 4 games like this that play exactly the same with different sponsors."

seems like your the one who made a disguesting display of making a quick buck.

Nice shit review pal.

or was it a joke review. I can't tell.

very cool puzzle game

This game is well done, very engaging.

my only gripe is the visuals and sound.

Im sure more could have been done to make this look like a tree of some sort, I know it says sticks and rings but you mentioned this tree game in the art forum so I expected to see trees.

and the sounds make no sense, Sound of crackling wood wouldve worked better than the sound of moaning whales, or whatever it is you have there.

great game, just weak presentation.

Komix responds:

Thanks :)

Sorry, for creating these expectations. I just made that tree with that engine, but it wasn't planned to be like that in game.

This game is simplistic, and so are the trees. This is the new style I ve been trying. And I like how it looks. :)

Also, I like the sounds, cause they re unique. Cracking wood would never have that recognition effect.

Slow and Painful

yes 3D engine. yay..

but after you stopped being amazed by the engine, you're bored to tears by the gameplay..

Komix responds:

yeah, I should ve spent more time on it I guess.

I did those physical sleds, and then realized that I am not able to use them for an interesting gameplay.

but I had to finish it off for the AG contest.

Sorry for the bad show.

Komix

love the game

very smart little game, very addictive.

the one only gripe is not being able to unselect a bug once you see a better option. you should give people this option as it will make the game much more balanced

PhobiK responds:

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it!... Unselecting could be good, I didn't think about it, but maybe not being able to do it is part of making the right choice. Thanks for the review!

This is the reason why I chose you for Red Baron!

I cant believe I forgot to give this fun-ass game a review!

I loved it from the moment Tyler linked it to me.

definitly a fun lil jewel of a game

keep them comin!

FrostedMuffins responds:

Thank God I made this game then....
Thanks for the kind words :)

hahaha

I thought the "score a date " button was just a clever start button.

but no.. its advice on how to score checks by nerds who make games pretending to score chicks.

that made my day.

EviLudy responds:

Haha! Good thing I have the "ArmorGames made me do it" excuse, isn't it?

Not orginal

It's a rippoff of "peaceplane" by Dan paladin.

Its apearance, design and execution..

Buzzwerd responds:

Everyone kept saying that the art is very similar to that of Dan Paladins. But I don't see how it's design and execution are a rip off. You are a flying toaster that shoots rainbow lasers at tumors, that fly by in a japanese-like scrolling background. I honestly can't think of how much more original we can get...

-TD

Incredibly engaging.

This flash game had me in a trance from start to finish.

Very Strong sense of atmosphere, and ambiance.

there’s no question that you were heavily influenced by Panzer Dragoon.
The music, and setting and Monster designs are very reminiscent of Panzer Zwei , but the similarities end there, as the health and fire system was incredibly unique, and dare I say even more interactive than the Panzer series it was inspired from.
I love what you have done here, and this Latest in the Nimian series is a culmination of all the hard work, and experiences from the first versions.
There’s no doubt this is a console game in a flash format here.

My only complaint is the lack of levels that lead up to the bosses, and small glitches visible in the art. BUT hey this IS flash after all.

My only wish is that you get recognized by SEGA, and that they may bring you on, to consult on their Next Panzer game.

Because you have some truly unique and inventive ideas.

~MindChamber

popopt responds:

thanks MindChamber for mentioning the other Nimian games - I couldn't have done this without building on what I learned from the previous games, and the next one will benefit from what I learned in this game and all of these reviews!

Very Awesome fighter!

I think you have the basis of a very awesome fighting engine!!

its very solid, and I thought the game was alot of fun. I only have a few minor complaints, and some bugs to report.

A couple of times I jumped over the opponent, and my character didn't turn around, I was stuck facing the wrong direction taking hits, till I jumped back. some times after the jump attack, the elf would get stuck mid air, and I was able to land alot of cheap shots this way.

aside from the elf who was already fairly quick.
the fast and fierce attacks weren't varied in enough... throwing a quick punch shouldnt take the same amount of time as throwing a fierce one. Aside from the Elf I wasn't able to let off a flurry of quick attacks, and end it with a fierce one. It would also help of the attacks were more visually different as well. as from that, the attacks needed more of an overal reach as well.

All in all a great fighting flash game. Closest so far to the arcades!!
keep it up!!

gavD responds:

Thanks for the heads up on the mid air bug... Nice review!

"If reality is dependent on what each person perceives it to be,Then reality as a collective does not exist."~MindChamber
"Do not be defined by your conditioning, Otherwise the rest of the world will define your path."~IntraFace

Vector Life Giver